Play Therapy Social and Cultural Diversity
6CEs Live Webinar APT Non Contact - June 11, 2023 8:30-11:30am, Break, 12:30-3:30pm
APT content area: Cultural & Social Diversity, Skills & Methods and Special Topics
About Lisa Dykes-HarrellFREE PREVIEW
Description & ObjectivesFREE PREVIEW
2023 Thinkific SOCIAL & CULTURAL ISSUES IN CCPT
Play Therapy Social and Cultural Diversity Link
Play Therapy is a rich social and culturally diverse setting. In this workshop, participants will define cultural and social diversity. They will explore their own backgrounds, influences, and biases and how they impact their personal and professional competence in the play therapy setting. They will then identify how these operate in the lives of their clients. Finally, they will practice culturally appropriate play therapy skills.
Following the workshop, participants will be able to:
1) Explain social and cultural diversity
2) Analyze their own cultural backgrounds, influences, and biases and how they can impact the play therapy setting
3) Discuss how cultural backgrounds, influences, and biases operate in the lives of their clients and how they effect the play therapy setting
4) Explore cultural humility
5) Demonstrate culturally appropriate Child Centered therapeutic skills.
6) Identify and respond to cultural markers in the play room.
7) Assess ones own comfort level with the cultural dynamics in the play room.
Lisa Dykes-Harrell, LPCC, RPT-S